2 large sweet potatoes, cut in chunks
2 large red onions, sliced
400g chickpeas, cooked, drained and rinsed
5 tbsp olive oil
Ground black pepper
1 tbsp garam masala powder
300g red lentils
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
A handful of coriander, chopped
400ml coconut milk
400g chopped tomatoes
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
juice of 1 lime
1. Drizzle olive oil in a large stockpot and add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions soft and tender.
2. Add the lentils together with the sweet potatoes, chickpeas and garam masala in the large stockpot, whisk until well combined.
3. Add the ginger, the coriander, Himalaya salt and black pepper, then pour over the coconut milk and 500 ml of water.
4. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, adding the tomatoes after 10 minutes.
5. If after 30 minutes the Dahl is too thick then you can add a little more water. Leave to simmer gently while you get the spice mixture ready.
6. Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, mustard seeds. Leave them to temper. The oil should be bubbling and the seeds popping. Stir straight into the dahl. Whisk until well combined.
7. Drizzle with lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves, dollop of vegan yoghurt to serve.
8. Serve wit rice and naanbread & enjoy!
260 grams oat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch Himalaya salt
75 grams raw cocoa powder
300 grams coconut blossom sugar
180 millilitres hot water
120 ml oat milk
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the caramel ganache
2 tbsp vegan butter
75 grams coconut blossom sugar
3 tbsp vegan cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8 deep cup cake tray
2. Combine in a large bowl all the ingredients, thoroughly combine.
3. Pour the batter into greased cake tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool down and remove the cake from the tray.
5. Meanwhile prepare the caramel ganache sauce, melt the vegan butter into a small saucepan and add the coconut blossom sugar and stir until you have a tick brown sauce.
6. Pour the vegan cream and stir until bubbles form.
7. Pour the caramel ganache sauce over the cake & enjoy!