12 puff pastry sheets
1 Leek, washed, drained & sliced
1 cup spinach, washed & drained
1 large onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 pack Vegan chicken (I use Vivera)
1 flax egg
Pinch of Himalaya salt
Ground black pepper
Pinch of onion flakes
Pumpkin & Sunflower seeds as topping
Lemon Avocado Salsa
1/2 lemon, juice
1 spring onions
Pinch Himalaya salt
Ground Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to hot 180C.
2. Meanwhile defrost the pastry sheets.
2. Line a large baking trays with baking paper.
3. Cook the rice according to package.
4. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion, garlic and vegan chicken, add after 5 minutes the red cabbage, leeks, spinach and season with the salt, black pepper and onions flakes stirring until browned.
5. Add the rice when it's fully cooked to the sautéed veggies and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Place 2 tablespoons 2 of the mixture over half of each pastry square. Fold pastry over to enclose filling. Press edges with a fork or fingers to seal. Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry.
7. Brush pastry tops with flax egg and sprinkle with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
8. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
9. Meanwhile make the lemon avocado salsa, add all the ingredients in a small bowl and mash until you have a smooth mixture. Top it with some extra coriander en spring onions.
10. Serve the veggie pasties with the lemon avocado salsa & Enjoy!
3 cups filter water
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 large red onions, sliced
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 sticks fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
1,5 cup cooked chickpeas or 1 glass jar chickpeas (230gr)
2 tbsp tomato purée
Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium pot, heat a tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic.
2. After 5 minutes add the tomatoes, bay leaf, fresh rosemary and the cooked chickpeas.
3. Pour after 2-3 minutes the filtered water, add the tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add himalaya salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion flakes and cook further for 10 minutes on low heat.
5. Pour water if needed and season to taste with some extra Himalaya salt and pepper & enjoy.