1 cup vegetable stock (from a cube is also fine)
2 cups water
3 onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 cup red lentils, washed & drained
2 large tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 pack 330 ml coconut cream (you can also coconut cream from a can, but I prefer from a pack)
1 bunch fresh parsley
1/2 bunch fresh lemon balm
Juice of 2 lemons
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of Himalaya salt
1. In a large stockpot, heat a little bit coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic.
2. After 5 minutes add the red lentils, tomatoes, parsley, lemon balm and cook this for another 10 minutes on medium heat.
3. Pour the vegetable broth in a stockpot and add all the dry ingredients, boil this for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste, coconut cream and 2 cups of water and let it boil for another 25 minutes on medium heat.
4. Pour the lemon juice and blend the soup with a hand blender till smooth and add water & Himalaya salt if needed.
5. Serve the soup with fresh parsley, extra lemon juice or anything you like & enjoy!