1 Cup vegetable stock (from a cube is also fine)
2 Cups water
2 Onions, chopped
2 Carrots, peeled & shred
2 Garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 Cup red lentils, washed & drained
2 Tbsp tomato paste
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of Himalaya salt
2 Tsp cumin powder
1. Boil the vegetable broth in a stockpot and add all the dry ingredients.
2. Pour the onions and garlic, boil this for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the red lentils, carrots and the tomato paste, add the 2 cups of water and let it boil for another 25 minutes on medium heat.
4. Blend the soup with a hand blender till smooth and add water & Himalaya salt if needed.
5. Serve the soup with fresh parsley, lemon juice and red chili flakes or anything you like.
My Healty Vegan Version of a Pita Kebab Takeaway
1 pack of vegan kebab ( I used the Lupine shoarma of The Vegetarian Butcher.
1/4 of a Red cabbage, washed, drained and sliced
1 Handful Arugula, washed and drained
1 Tomato, washed, drained and sliced
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Avocado, mashed
Pinch of Salt, pepper and garlic powder
2 Pita Bread
1. Place the vegan kebab in a non stick pan and bake it for 10 minutes on medium heat.
2. Toss the red cabbage with the arugula and a little splash of hennep seed oil in a bowl.
3. Add a pinch of salt, garlic powder and black pepper to the mashed avocado.
4. Toast 2 pita breads and cut them in half. Fill the pita bread with the red cabbage, onion, tomato and arugula, add at last the vegan kebab in the pita bread.
5. Top it on the side with the Mashed Avocado.